OLD HOCKEY LEAGUE
Thank you for using the VGHL Forums

For NEW PLAYERS interested in joining the VGHL, please make sure that your FORUM NAME matches your PSN name then go to PLAYER REGISTRATION thread and follow the instructions there to join.
Enjoy

Please login to access our forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OLD HOCKEY LEAGUE
Thank you for using the VGHL Forums

For NEW PLAYERS interested in joining the VGHL, please make sure that your FORUM NAME matches your PSN name then go to PLAYER REGISTRATION thread and follow the instructions there to join.
Enjoy

Please login to access our forum
OLD HOCKEY LEAGUE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EVENTS
We have a new site
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP

Coming
October 2015

the return of the
VGHL!!

S10 will be on PS4

RIP #22
STAY CONNECTED

(e)SPORTS TELEVISION NETWORK
MY VIRTUAL GAMING
VGHL AFTERDARK
VGGM CONNECTED

You are not connected. Please login or register

Welcome to VGHL VERSUS

+4
kylej83
BARRYS_SNIPIN
defmincex13
yoYODA-
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Welcome to VGHL VERSUS Empty Welcome to VGHL VERSUS Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:36 am

yoYODA-

yoYODA-
Elite
Elite

Welcome to VGHL VERSUS HcdQf5v
Greetings VGHLers and welcome to VGHL VERSUS.

VGHL VERSUS is a weekly cycle of VS Tournaments for NHL 15 on the PS4.

Tournaments will be solo 1 vs 1, single elimination in either a 64, 32 or 16 team bracket.

Each Tournament will take place over two (2) game nights, Monday and Thursday, and repeat weekly.

CLICK HERE to register for a Tournament.

Be sure to check out the RULE BOOK before you register.

Last edited by g4threepwood on Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Welcome to VGHL VERSUS Empty Re: Welcome to VGHL VERSUS Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:00 pm

defmincex13

Legend
Legend

I know its not in the rules but it could be a fun twist to make it a suicide league. Can only use a team once every 30 tournament weeks (so I choose to be the Flyers week 1, I cant use them again until I have played with all 29 other teams). Could show off a bit more Vs's skill that way. Maybe not 30 weeks but like 10 or something so it prevents someone from using the Chicago's/LA's of the video game world. Anyways just a idea.

3Welcome to VGHL VERSUS Empty Re: Welcome to VGHL VERSUS Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:01 pm

BARRYS_SNIPIN

Legend
Legend

I like that idea.. Can you also be banned for ragging the puck?  Cool 

4Welcome to VGHL VERSUS Empty Re: Welcome to VGHL VERSUS Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:15 pm

defmincex13

Legend
Legend

BARRYS_SNIPIN wrote:I like that idea.. Can you also be banned for ragging the puck?  Cool 

http://www.cnhl-ps3.com/rulebook/

that's dangers league, hes got some PRETTY strick rules but from what castro told me last week any vs's league under his umbrella would be more lax rule wise.

The penalty kills rules!!! AHHH

5Welcome to VGHL VERSUS Empty Re: Welcome to VGHL VERSUS Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:26 pm

kylej83

kylej83
Elite
Elite

Suggestions are welcome as this is new territory for the league, but won't be considered until we run through a couple weeks of this and see how it goes. When we threw this together we wanted something simple to organize, entertaining, and able to involve as many people as possible. On paper I think we achieved that, and there's a lot of positive feedback so far.

Danger's league has sim rules which really benefit the type of competition over there. For this type of a short tournament it's not really necessary to implement a bunch of gameplay rules (unless we discover obvious bugs in the game). It's all about having fun, and if you lose then sign up and go again the following week.

6Welcome to VGHL VERSUS Empty Re: Welcome to VGHL VERSUS Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:51 pm

Diesel2900

Veteran
Veteran

defmincex13 wrote:I know its not in the rules but it could be a fun twist to make it a suicide league. Can only use a team once every 30 tournament weeks (so I choose to be the Flyers week 1, I cant use them again until I have played with all 29 other teams). Could show off a bit more Vs's skill that way. Maybe not 30 weeks but like 10 or something so it prevents someone from using the Chicago's/LA's of the video game world. Anyways just a idea.
I like this idea. Would make the league more about skill then always picking the same overpowered team, and nobody will use any of the other teams because they want to stay competitive.

7Welcome to VGHL VERSUS Empty Re: Welcome to VGHL VERSUS Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:44 pm

Lers780

Lers780
Superstar
Superstar

"If a player DC’s after the first five minutes of the game, the remainder of that period is forfeited. The balance of the game is to be restarted immediately. All goals scored will carry over to the new game."

So if I am winning and its the 3rd period and I DC then I win (Assuming I had not DCed previous in the game of course)?

Not saying people would do it...but if so this seems like a massive loophole.

8Welcome to VGHL VERSUS Empty Re: Welcome to VGHL VERSUS Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:37 am

BARRYS_SNIPIN

Legend
Legend

Just make ragging the puck not prohibited.. If you wanna kill the clock you should hafta cycle the puck in the o zone not skate behind your own net n drag 2 guys towards ya n repeat.. I'm sure 90% of the ppl would agree to have that rule in-tact.. Should also be considered in the VGHL come NHL2045 when they have EASHL again

9Welcome to VGHL VERSUS Empty Re: Welcome to VGHL VERSUS Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:40 am

yoYODA-

yoYODA-
Elite
Elite

Lers780 wrote:"If a player DC’s after the first five minutes of the game, the remainder of that period is forfeited. The balance of the game is to be restarted immediately. All goals scored will carry over to the new game."

So if I am winning and its the 3rd period and I DC then I win (Assuming I had not DCed previous in the game of course)?

Like Kyle said, we're going to need a few run-throughs in order to see how everything actually works in practice. For now this is all just theoretical.

We're also going to need to operate on an honour system. If people start exploiting the rules, they will no longer be allowed to participate and we'll modify the rules to prevent it going forward. I'm going to have zero tolerance for this kind of thing.

10Welcome to VGHL VERSUS Empty Re: Welcome to VGHL VERSUS Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:21 am

defmincex13

Legend
Legend

g4threepwood wrote:
Lers780 wrote:"If a player DC’s after the first five minutes of the game, the remainder of that period is forfeited. The balance of the game is to be restarted immediately. All goals scored will carry over to the new game."

Like Kyle said, we're going to need a few run-throughs in order to see how everything actually works in practice. For now this is all just theoretical.

We're also going to need to operate on an honour system. If people start exploiting the rules, they will no longer be allowed to participate and we'll modify the rules to prevent it going forward. I'm going to have zero tolerance for this kind of thing.

Hopefully most people will stream there games anyways just for validity purposes.

11Welcome to VGHL VERSUS Empty Re: Welcome to VGHL VERSUS Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:58 am

yoYODA-

yoYODA-
Elite
Elite

BARRYS_SNIPIN wrote:I like that idea.. Can you also be banned for ragging the puck?  Cool 

BARRYS_SNIPIN wrote:Just make ragging the puck not prohibited.. If you wanna kill the clock you should hafta cycle the puck in the o zone not skate behind your own net n drag 2 guys towards ya n repeat.. I'm sure 90% of the ppl would agree to have that rule in-tact.. Should also be considered in the VGHL come NHL2045 when they have EASHL again

Barry, I think most of us agree that this is a bit of a nasty tactic and we'd encourage people to avoid doing this but it isn't something that we're looking to police. It's not an exploit, it's just shitty. If you opponent is using a tactic like this, it should be on you to apply pressure to the forecheck and force a turnover.

12Welcome to VGHL VERSUS Empty Re: Welcome to VGHL VERSUS Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:21 pm

BARRYS_SNIPIN

Legend
Legend

Prepare for BARRYS_RAGGIN Twisted Evil

13Welcome to VGHL VERSUS Empty Re: Welcome to VGHL VERSUS Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:30 pm

fluri37

fluri37
Superstar
Superstar

defmincex13 wrote:

that's dangers league, hes got some PRETTY strick rules but from what castro told me last week any vs's league under his umbrella would be more lax rule wise.

I have told Rally countless times I believe the PK rule should be changed but alas, even if I disagree with that specific rule the rest of the rules do really help. And Rally runs a pretty tight ship over there. Very well run league

14Welcome to VGHL VERSUS Empty Re: Welcome to VGHL VERSUS Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:36 pm

B-Bunny

Legend
Legend

fluri37 wrote:
defmincex13 wrote:

I have told Rally countless times I believe the PK rule should be changed but alas, even if I disagree with that specific rule the rest of the rules do really help.  And Rally runs a pretty tight ship over there.  Very well run league
Welcome to VGHL VERSUS Img-thing?

http://www.CNHL-PS3.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum