OLD HOCKEY LEAGUE
Thank you for using the VGHL Forums

For NEW PLAYERS interested in joining the VGHL, please make sure that your FORUM NAME matches your PSN name then go to PLAYER REGISTRATION thread and follow the instructions there to join.
Enjoy

Please login to access our forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OLD HOCKEY LEAGUE
Thank you for using the VGHL Forums

For NEW PLAYERS interested in joining the VGHL, please make sure that your FORUM NAME matches your PSN name then go to PLAYER REGISTRATION thread and follow the instructions there to join.
Enjoy

Please login to access our forum
OLD HOCKEY LEAGUE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EVENTS
We have a new site
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP

Coming
October 2015

the return of the
VGHL!!

S10 will be on PS4

RIP #22
STAY CONNECTED

(e)SPORTS TELEVISION NETWORK
MY VIRTUAL GAMING
VGHL AFTERDARK
VGGM CONNECTED

You are not connected. Please login or register

Owner of WC3

+8
Kcrusher33
MY-GLOVE-ULL-LUV
gcampbell13
Donut-Doug
Ol-ReaPz-lO
CrazyRon_v1
ballachick3
Tha-Real-TMAN
12 posters

Who was the best owner?

Owner of WC3 I_vote_lcap16%Owner of WC3 I_vote_rcap 16% [ 9 ]
Owner of WC3 I_vote_lcap3%Owner of WC3 I_vote_rcap 3% [ 2 ]
Owner of WC3 I_vote_lcap10%Owner of WC3 I_vote_rcap 10% [ 6 ]
Owner of WC3 I_vote_lcap14%Owner of WC3 I_vote_rcap 14% [ 8 ]
Owner of WC3 I_vote_lcap9%Owner of WC3 I_vote_rcap 9% [ 5 ]
Owner of WC3 I_vote_lcap2%Owner of WC3 I_vote_rcap 2% [ 1 ]
Owner of WC3 I_vote_lcap0%Owner of WC3 I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Owner of WC3 I_vote_lcap29%Owner of WC3 I_vote_rcap 29% [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 58

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Owner of WC3 Empty Owner of WC3 Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:30 am

Tha-Real-TMAN

Tha-Real-TMAN
Superstar
Superstar

Choose who was the best owner of WC3

2Owner of WC3 Empty Re: Owner of WC3 Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:59 pm

ballachick3

ballachick3
Elite
Elite

some of us didnt have an option of who we got to pick..i think mcdreamy, and the rest of us that made it past the 1st elimation round that hard to play with that we got, did a great job! not takin nothing away from other gms, cant control your region...great job to everyone for the success of the tourny, and USA taking it all!

3Owner of WC3 Empty Re: Owner of WC3 Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:31 pm

CrazyRon_v1

CrazyRon_v1
Veteran
Veteran

ballachick3 wrote:some of us didnt have an option of who we got to pick..i think mcdreamy, and the rest of us that made it past the 1st elimation round that hard to play with that we got, did a great job! not takin nothing away from other gms, cant control your region...great job to everyone for the success of the tourny, and USA taking it all!

I agree with balla Penguin started off with a great team and everyone expected them to make finals but I don't think he should get best owner for taking his great team to win the gold ... People are thinking like what teams me and balla and some other teams what very short players who we had to work with and just take the best out of it and go. I think we should pass giving this award to penguin not that I don't think he deserves it but also he did have a great team to begin with.

4Owner of WC3 Empty Re: Owner of WC3 Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:06 am

Ol-ReaPz-lO

Ol-ReaPz-lO
Veteran
Veteran

Mc_Dreamyyyy wrote:
ballachick3 wrote:some of us didnt have an option of who we got to pick..i think mcdreamy, and the rest of us that made it past the 1st elimation round that hard to play with that we got, did a great job! not takin nothing away from other gms, cant control your region...great job to everyone for the success of the tourny, and USA taking it all!

I agree with balla Penguin started off with a great team and everyone expected them to make finals but I don't think he should get best owner for taking his great team to win the gold ... People are thinking like what teams me and balla and some other teams what very short players who we had to work with and just take the best out of it and go. I think we should pass giving this award to penguin not that I don't think he deserves it but also he did have a great team to begin with.

I voted for him cause he picked that great team. Owner is a GM and player. He picked the players on that team and performed. Therefore he got my vote. You can say they were stacked, but it doesn't change the fact that he was the reason they were stacked. 

I do think we should have beat them 3 times via forfeit though lol... My captain wouldnt take the forfeit lol.

5Owner of WC3 Empty Re: Owner of WC3 Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:25 am

Donut-Doug

Donut-Doug
Rookie
Rookie

ReJecTz_ReaPeRz wrote:
Mc_Dreamyyyy wrote:

I voted for him cause he picked that great team. Owner is a GM and player. He picked the players on that team and performed. Therefore he got my vote. You can say they were stacked, but it doesn't change the fact that he was the reason they were stacked. 

I do think we should have beat them 3 times via forfeit though lol... My captain wouldnt take the forfeit lol.

No one took forfeits... The tournament was for fun and to kill some time in-between seasons. As I told Yan when he wanted to call a forfeit at 9:31.. grow a pair and play the game.

I hate to be bias but T-Man took a group of AHL/NHL players and made it work, winning silver without any of the "Elite" players on his team. Hats off to Penguins for putting together a nasty team and winning the gold convincingly.

6Owner of WC3 Empty Re: Owner of WC3 Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:49 am

gcampbell13

gcampbell13
Veteran
Veteran

Tman had probably the 3rd best team on papet. Rain, moja, ninja, coorsi, foreign. All are very good players....

7Owner of WC3 Empty Re: Owner of WC3 Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:50 am

Ol-ReaPz-lO

Ol-ReaPz-lO
Veteran
Veteran

Donut-Doug wrote:
ReJecTz_ReaPeRz wrote:
Mc_Dreamyyyy wrote:

No one took forfeits... The tournament was for fun and to kill some time in-between seasons. As I told Yan when he wanted to call a forfeit at 9:31.. grow a pair and play the game.

I hate to be bias but T-Man took a group of AHL/NHL players and made it work, winning silver without any of the "Elite" players on his team. Hats off to Penguins for putting together a nasty team and winning the gold convincingly.

It was more of a joke... -_-

8Owner of WC3 Empty Re: Owner of WC3 Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:42 pm

MY-GLOVE-ULL-LUV

MY-GLOVE-ULL-LUV
Superstar
Superstar

playing club with 3s is a joke^^^

9Owner of WC3 Empty Re: Owner of WC3 Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:40 pm

Kcrusher33

Kcrusher33
Legend
Legend

No offense to Pens but I'm with Dreamy and Balla. Owner of the Tourney should be based on the result based on the team and pool you had to work with and the result that team achieved. Teams who on paper looked clearly over matched maybe shouldn't have even made it to an elimination game that not only got to an elimination series but won one or more.

10Owner of WC3 Empty Re: Owner of WC3 Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:45 pm

Nifttee

Nifttee
Legend
Legend

Agreed with majority of everyone. There was slim pickings for a lot of teams out there. Maybe we can figure out a system to make less stacked of teams?

11Owner of WC3 Empty Re: Owner of WC3 Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:10 pm

Kcrusher33

Kcrusher33
Legend
Legend

Last day of voting Smile

12Owner of WC3 Empty Re: Owner of WC3 Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:47 pm

Nifttee

Nifttee
Legend
Legend

Krusher ftw!!!!!

13Owner of WC3 Empty Re: Owner of WC3 Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:48 pm

Penguins2013

Penguins2013
Legend
Legend

I'm going to start with that everybody in their regions had the same chance at the players available from that region. At the end of the day THE PLAYERS had to agree to play for a team.
Just because the team I ran was "stacked" it doesn't mean I didn't face the same problems as other GMs... I'm in NO WAY SAYING I FEEL I DESERVE THIS AWARD, However before you criticize others you should stop and think and if you haven't walked in that persons shoes who are you to critique.
- When you can a run a team with all winning players and some of the best and still keep things together as far as making lines and doing your best to keep them happy on playing time and working around their schedule then you can critique.
I didn't saying anything on the forums about WC3 owners or Captains, so personally i find this immature and childish. Just like the players who agreed to teams the community will decide this award...

14Owner of WC3 Empty Re: Owner of WC3 Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:35 pm

Kcrusher33

Kcrusher33
Legend
Legend

Penguins2013 wrote:I'm going to start with that everybody in their regions had the same chance at the players available from that region. At the end of the day THE PLAYERS had to agree to play for a team.
Just because the team I ran was "stacked" it doesn't mean I didn't face the same problems as other GMs... I'm in NO WAY SAYING I FEEL I DESERVE THIS AWARD, However before you criticize others you should stop and think and if you haven't walked in that persons shoes who are you to critique.
- When you can a run a team with all winning players and some of the best and still keep things together as far as making lines and doing your best to keep them happy on playing time and working around their schedule then you can critique.
I didn't saying anything on the forums about WC3 owners or Captains, so personally i find this immature and childish. Just like the players who agreed to teams the community will decide this award...  

While I can't speak for everyone I can speak for myself. I no way did I criticise you ability to run a team or succeed. What I did say however is some regions had ALOT more choices then other regions. Now correct me if I'm wrong but what I believe the thought is here is that they (myself included) owner of the tournament winner should be chosen based on who did the most with the least options available.

No one took a shot at you as a WC owner Pens. I personally glad you did really well because you're a good dude. But you also had alot more options and weapons to work with. Not your fault.

15Owner of WC3 Empty Re: Owner of WC3 Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:45 pm

CrazyRon_v1

CrazyRon_v1
Veteran
Veteran

Kcrusher33 wrote:
Penguins2013 wrote:I'm going to start with that everybody in their regions had the same chance at the players available from that region. At the end of the day THE PLAYERS had to agree to play for a team.

While I can't speak for everyone I can speak for myself. I no way did I criticise you ability to run a team or succeed. What I did say however is some regions had ALOT more choices then other regions. Now correct me if I'm wrong but what I believe the thought is here is that they (myself included) owner of the tournament winner should be chosen based on who did the most with the least options available.

No one took a shot at you as a WC owner Pens. I personally glad you did really well because you're a good dude. But you also had alot more options and weapons to work with. Not your fault.

I agree I never said I don't think u deserve it but like myself and balla we didn't even have any one to choose from our teams were basically given to us. I'm just saying a owner should get the award who did the best with the least they had.

16Owner of WC3 Empty Re: Owner of WC3 Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:16 pm

RiseOfTheNinja

RiseOfTheNinja
Superstar
Superstar

Pretty tiresome seeing people making the same remarks. Why shouldn't Penguins deserve the award? He won Gold and chose the best players provided as a 'good' GM should. Do you guys want him to choose bad players next time ? Seriously. I know some of the teams have less skilled players but tough luck really, work with what you got. He won Gold, doesn't get better then that as far as I'm concerned.
Oh well, let the community decide.

17Owner of WC3 Empty Re: Owner of WC3 Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:25 pm

meMack

meMack
Elite Legend
Elite Legend

Good owners would of had the player they wanted pack up their shit and move to their region..

Show some dedication lol

http://www.kissmyass.com

18Owner of WC3 Empty Re: Owner of WC3 Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:31 pm

ballachick3

ballachick3
Elite
Elite

meMack wrote:Good owners would of had the player they wanted pack up their shit and move to their region..

Show some dedication lol

lol..and dont think u all are even getting what is being said, its a mute subject,,,its over gj..lets go s9

19Owner of WC3 Empty Re: Owner of WC3 Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:39 pm

Kcrusher33

Kcrusher33
Legend
Legend

SHIT I didn't know we could do that .... well crap lol +1 for the smiles Mack

20Owner of WC3 Empty Re: Owner of WC3 Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:51 pm

Nifttee

Nifttee
Legend
Legend

lol Penguins had 11 votes this morning... now has 9?? haha