OLD HOCKEY LEAGUE
Thank you for using the VGHL Forums

For NEW PLAYERS interested in joining the VGHL, please make sure that your FORUM NAME matches your PSN name then go to PLAYER REGISTRATION thread and follow the instructions there to join.
Enjoy

Please login to access our forum
EVENTS
We have a new site
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP

Coming
October 2015

the return of the
VGHL!!

S10 will be on PS4

RIP #22
STAY CONNECTED

(e)SPORTS TELEVISION NETWORK
MY VIRTUAL GAMING
VGHL AFTERDARK
VGGM CONNECTED

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question about WC Rules

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Question about WC Rules Empty Question about WC Rules on Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:32 pm

R-MeAn-IaN

R-MeAn-IaN
Superstar
Superstar
First off, great job at setting this up the rules and format looks great. I only have a few questions in terms of the format of this tournament.

RULE**
Games that end tied after three periods will be ended. Each team will be awarded one point. A ranked shootout mode will be played and the winner will get the extra point (2 total). Save the shootouts until all three games have been played.

I understand there's no overtime but my questions regarding the SHOOTOUT are:

I'm assuming the shootout is 1v1 and in shootout modes, not the whole team?

If so...

Who is playing in the shootout?

Does a captain or assistant need to do the shootout?

Does it have to be a player who played in the game or can it be the team's best shootout taker?

Are stats recorded for the shootout?

These are just the questions that I feel should be addressed or cleared up.

Common sense tells me that its 1v1, player has to have played in the game, and simply record shootout score. Then again, there's a lot of ways to go about this so I'm not sure.

Thank you!

2Question about WC Rules Empty Re: Question about WC Rules on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:08 pm

Hemmertime

Hemmertime
Legend
Legend
It would be cool if we could actually organize our teams to go stand on side of ice while shootout takes place in a remake game. Tell teams order of shooters. Decide who shoots first before the game. Opening faceoff everyone skates to side boards and shooters take turns from center ice.

A hassle though, only worht that hassle in elimination games

Edmonton GMQuestion about WC Rules GQW8vOGQuestion about WC Rules GQW8vOGQuestion about WC Rules Art%20Ross%20TrophyQuestion about WC Rules Frank%20J.%20Selke%20TrophyQuestion about WC Rules Lady%20Byng%20Memorial%20TrophyQuestion about WC Rules NHL%20Rookie%20of%20the%20Month
VGHL News TeamQuestion about WC Rules Main-thumb-t-5799-50-5MCh0jwKbjrSLA2EtrP4RmqkmdzoNhRf

3Question about WC Rules Empty Re: Question about WC Rules on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:29 pm

xYUCKOx

xYUCKOx
#YSoHGaTET
#YSoHGaTET
Hemmertime wrote:It would be cool if we could actually organize our teams to go stand on side of ice while shootout takes place in a remake game. Tell teams order of shooters. Decide who shoots first before the game. Opening faceoff everyone skates to side boards and shooters take turns from center ice.

lets do this one, lets do this one!

#61 - Yurij Bobkov - Defense
People I dislike the most: Kylej83
Question about WC Rules Yucko_nhl_com_v1_b1_zpsbpjieaoe
Vote Here!
http://yuck2blog.blog.com/

4Question about WC Rules Empty Re: Question about WC Rules on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:02 pm

R-MeAn-IaN

R-MeAn-IaN
Superstar
Superstar
Hemmertime wrote:It would be cool if we could actually organize our teams to go stand on side of ice while shootout takes place in a remake game. Tell teams order of shooters. Decide who shoots first before the game. Opening faceoff everyone skates to side boards and shooters take turns from center ice.

A hassle though, only worth that hassle in elimination games

That would be neat too. I still think continuous OT (Playoff hockey) is the best way to go even if the Olympics don't follow this rule but this would be cool too for round robin games. It's easy, simple, zero hassle, and the most exciting.

5Question about WC Rules Empty Re: Question about WC Rules on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:33 pm

RED-_-DEVIL4202

Superstar
Superstar

can we vote for this please? ranked shootout means 1 player, and he might not even be a good goalie.. I am 100% up for hemmers idea, somewhat a hassle, but an amazing idea

6Question about WC Rules Empty Re: Question about WC Rules on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:37 pm

RED-_-DEVIL4202

Superstar
Superstar
RED-_-DEVIL420 wrote:

can we vote for this please? ranked shootout means 1 player, and he might not even be a good goalie.. I am 100% up for hemmers idea, somewhat a hassle, but an amazing idea

also, their might be issues with players breaking 'shootout rules' puck stoppimg forward motion, putting puck in after shot etc. but not hard to record and upload to easw .

7Question about WC Rules Empty Re: Question about WC Rules on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:47 pm

xYUCKOx

xYUCKOx
#YSoHGaTET
#YSoHGaTET
Im not a big fan of the current shootout rule/idea. Maybe just ending it in a draw after the 3rd, giving both teams 1 of the 3 points or 1 OT period with both teams getting 1 of the 3 points? Or continuous OT for a winner to gain that 2nd point?

Vote Here!

8Question about WC Rules Empty Re: Question about WC Rules on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:50 pm

CastroGstar

Elite Legend
Elite Legend
I believe KJ is posting a modified rule for this to make us play one OT and then quit for a shootout later.

9Question about WC Rules Empty Re: Question about WC Rules on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:51 pm

CastroGstar

Elite Legend
Elite Legend
hemmers suggestion is also very good..

10Question about WC Rules Empty Re: Question about WC Rules on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:57 pm

kjdadada

kjdadada
Legend
Legend
Continuous OT is out of the question for round robin. I want 3 games a night and just don't want to chance a 4-5 OT game.

Doing the overtime shootout is a great idea. We all know this requires a great deal of sportsmanship which may not be possible when the competition heats up.

With that said. I have no problem trying it out. If I can get 11 other guys to show up and we can test it out to layout the rules.

The alternative if two teams cannot show sportsman ship would just make both teams forfeit the point, which could be unfair if we have one team causing the problems. But, given this is a league extra and, in my opinion, a great place to test things out, especially with it being the "round robin" portion of the tournament.

I think week 1 we will roll with it and leave week 2 open to ot rules.

there will be 1 full OT. Then if I can get 11 other guys to get into a game and we can do a few mock shootouts and layout the rules, I'd love to implement this.

Season 5: Charlotte Checkers Captain
Season 6: New Jersey Devils G/RD
World Championship Admin | AHL Admin | Yanick Dupre Memorial Award (S5)

Thanks to KingFromTheDot for the sigs!

11Question about WC Rules Empty Re: Question about WC Rules on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:59 pm

CastroGstar

Elite Legend
Elite Legend
Great idea KJ. I will help you test this out if you would like because I think it's a great fun option.

12Question about WC Rules Empty Re: Question about WC Rules on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:05 pm

Dafoumanchew

Dafoumanchew
Superstar
Superstar
CastroGstar wrote:Great idea KJ. I will help you test this out if you would like because I think it's a great fun option.

I'm down to help test this out, I'm a fan of the shootout idea, and personally think being a G/C can add value to a team in this situation, most teams do have guys that can play both, and should have some shootouts maybe to discover who stands out given this situation, who would they put in?

13Question about WC Rules Empty Re: Question about WC Rules on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:21 pm

kjdadada

kjdadada
Legend
Legend
Let's shoot for Thursday night between 10-11pm eastern time. We will nail down a time. Meet in a lobby... if we don't get 12 we cant do it because the fkn computer will screw it up fast...

Season 5: Charlotte Checkers Captain
Season 6: New Jersey Devils G/RD
World Championship Admin | AHL Admin | Yanick Dupre Memorial Award (S5)

Thanks to KingFromTheDot for the sigs!

14Question about WC Rules Empty Re: Question about WC Rules on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:25 pm

RED-_-DEVIL4202

Superstar
Superstar
kjdadada wrote:Let's shoot for Thursday night between 10-11pm eastern time. We will nail down a time. Meet in a lobby... if we don't get 12 we cant do it because the fkn computer will screw it up fast...

ill be there to help test, shoot me a message of when and where . also maybe we can get all 12 into a skype to get it all figured out in game to make things easier.

15Question about WC Rules Empty Re: Question about WC Rules on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:29 pm

xYUCKOx

xYUCKOx
#YSoHGaTET
#YSoHGaTET
let me kno if u need help kj Smile sitting on the sideline is one of my specialties

Vote Here!

16Question about WC Rules Empty Re: Question about WC Rules on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:07 am

Hemmertime

Hemmertime
Legend
Legend
Ill help. Message me anytime. Get a streamer like B-Bunny if you can too. Then have a video of it to show for example

Edmonton GMQuestion about WC Rules GQW8vOGQuestion about WC Rules GQW8vOGQuestion about WC Rules Art%20Ross%20TrophyQuestion about WC Rules Frank%20J.%20Selke%20TrophyQuestion about WC Rules Lady%20Byng%20Memorial%20TrophyQuestion about WC Rules NHL%20Rookie%20of%20the%20Month
VGHL News TeamQuestion about WC Rules Main-thumb-t-5799-50-5MCh0jwKbjrSLA2EtrP4RmqkmdzoNhRf

17Question about WC Rules Empty Re: Question about WC Rules on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:40 am

CastroGstar

Elite Legend
Elite Legend
I'll stream

18Question about WC Rules Empty Re: Question about WC Rules on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:09 am

B-Bunny

Legend
Legend
CastroGstar wrote:I'll stream
Your stream sucks.

Question about WC Rules VakcpG
Question about WC Rules 8lbWG4P
----
[10:09:37 PM] valleybeast55982: bro to be a superstar u gotta carry the load, Its what #TedLindsay means
-----
[4:15:47 PM] fidel carrera: Bunny go Fuck yourself
[4:15:55 PM] fidel carrera: Enjoy being a Loser

-----
Question about WC Rules Wro089
http://www.CNHL-PS3.com

19Question about WC Rules Empty Re: Question about WC Rules on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:19 am

CastroGstar

Elite Legend
Elite Legend
higher mbps and actual audio.

goml

20Question about WC Rules Empty Re: Question about WC Rules on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:24 am

DuffHouse12

DuffHouse12
Superstar
Superstar
CastroGstar wrote:hemmers suggestion is also very good..

the two teams would have to take turns tripping the player on a breakaway for this to work.

21Question about WC Rules Empty Re: Question about WC Rules on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:28 am

DuffHouse12

DuffHouse12
Superstar
Superstar
i'll come help test tonight.

22Question about WC Rules Empty Re: Question about WC Rules on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:57 am

xYUCKOx

xYUCKOx
#YSoHGaTET
#YSoHGaTET

maybe an idea to help it run smother is have the next shooter stay behind the net and pick the puck up if a player misses, so they can bring it to center ice. and have a captain smack their stick when its clear to take a turn. just an idea, not sure how it would work though.

Vote Here!

23Question about WC Rules Empty Re: Question about WC Rules on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:02 pm

DuffHouse12

DuffHouse12
Superstar
Superstar
xYUCKOx wrote:

maybe an idea to help it run smother is have the next shooter stay behind the net and pick the puck up if a player misses, so they can bring it to center ice. and have a captain smack their stick when its clear to take a turn. just an idea, not sure how it would work though.
a shootout is penalty shots though, not just break aways - different rules.. how are you supposed to say someone didn't stop/move backwards/take too long/ cross the goal line etc....

which is why you have to take turns tripping each other on the breakaway.

24Question about WC Rules Empty Re: Question about WC Rules on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:16 pm

CastroGstar

Elite Legend
Elite Legend
lol goalies touch should be the rules and i think it will be pretty clear if the player loses the Puck or skates backwards. Also, the goal light will confirm the goal.

25Question about WC Rules Empty Re: Question about WC Rules on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:43 pm

DuffHouse12

DuffHouse12
Superstar
Superstar
CastroGstar wrote:lol goalies touch should be the rules and i think it will be pretty clear if the player loses the Puck or skates backwards. Also, the goal light will confirm the goal.

i mean if you want to open the can of worms as to people reffing themselves during the tournament... ultimately thats a decision KJ and you will have to make.

but if you're gonna set up a shootout... might as well test out the trip method as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum