OLD HOCKEY LEAGUE
Thank you for using the VGHL Forums

For NEW PLAYERS interested in joining the VGHL, please make sure that your FORUM NAME matches your PSN name then go to PLAYER REGISTRATION thread and follow the instructions there to join.
Enjoy

Please login to access our forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OLD HOCKEY LEAGUE
Thank you for using the VGHL Forums

For NEW PLAYERS interested in joining the VGHL, please make sure that your FORUM NAME matches your PSN name then go to PLAYER REGISTRATION thread and follow the instructions there to join.
Enjoy

Please login to access our forum
OLD HOCKEY LEAGUE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EVENTS
We have a new site
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP

Coming
October 2015

the return of the
VGHL!!

S10 will be on PS4

RIP #22
STAY CONNECTED

(e)SPORTS TELEVISION NETWORK
MY VIRTUAL GAMING
VGHL AFTERDARK
VGGM CONNECTED

You are not connected. Please login or register

IMPORTANT WC x2 ANNOUNCEMENT

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1IMPORTANT WC x2 ANNOUNCEMENT Empty IMPORTANT WC x2 ANNOUNCEMENT Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:27 pm

kjdadada

kjdadada
Legend
Legend

With the number of players still looking for a team, and one of the big criticisms I'm hearing about the talent level of the teams.

We are going to make two divisions.

The "A" division will be announced on March 2nd with the schedule. Most of the teams already made will be "A", maybe all of them. Captains if you have a preference please msg me. It doesn't mean you will or will not get that preference though. (There may be some games played between "B" and "A" or might not, depends on the final team count).

Any FA's that still want to play can be drafted with a snake draft starting on Thursday evening about 9:30pm. I just have to find captains. Once we gage how many will participate in the snake draft we decide how many teams for each country and then do the draft. Draft format will be announced Thursday.

If you are a FA and would like to participate and are willing to be part of the draft, please let me know here. I also need to know the guys that will want to be captains.

For the FA's that still may want to be on a team that is created already or you get to pick the players yourself that is fine. You can be picked up at anytime and removed from the draft or the team that selects you in a draft prior to 9pm March 1st.

Also, instead of "ECUs" we are going to allow teams to name "Reserves" Each team will get to name 3 additional reserves (From "B" team or FA) and they can be used up to 3 times during the WC round robin tournament and once in the gold medal games. The "Reserves" will get any hardware the team gets. You can only be a "Reserve" for one team.

IN SUMMARY:
If you are a FA and would like to be part of the WC, please post here if you are interested in being part of the snake draft that will start Thursday night.

Once March 1st is here, "A" teams will have to name 3 reserves from "B" teams or the FA.

Schedule will be released on March 2nd once the teams are finalized.

2IMPORTANT WC x2 ANNOUNCEMENT Empty Re: IMPORTANT WC x2 ANNOUNCEMENT Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:38 pm

R-MeAn-IaN

R-MeAn-IaN
Superstar
Superstar

My question is what determines an "A" team and a "B" team. I'm sure the consensus is that "we already know who's better than others." In terms of making this funner for both sides and MORE FAIR, why not implement a qualifier.

It would maybe extend the current schedule by a week but i think it would be cool. For example you could make 2 groups, pending on the amount ofteams you can list them evenly in each group. If there's 8 teams, 4 in each group lets say, top 3 in each group QUALIFY for the tournament. Or top 2, whatever.

The discretion is up to you guys but I think this would be fair for those who aren't as well known and if we are just going based off "names." Just seems weird to have a panel of people decide who's group A and B material.

3IMPORTANT WC x2 ANNOUNCEMENT Empty Re: IMPORTANT WC x2 ANNOUNCEMENT Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:44 pm

kjdadada

kjdadada
Legend
Legend

I appreciate the input and would be worth consideration.

Right now what dictates "a" and "b" is going to be very informal and depend on the teams. If a team wants to compete in "a" level they can. If they want to participate at a more casual level they can choose to "b".

If a team gets drafted and they decide they want to go for it, they can be "a". Once we figure out where teams want to be we will have to figure out the logistics.

The idea here was that teams are not forming because of the skill level of the first few teams that were created. This is an attempt to invite more people to play and find enjoyable games.

4IMPORTANT WC x2 ANNOUNCEMENT Empty Re: IMPORTANT WC x2 ANNOUNCEMENT Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:48 pm

R-MeAn-IaN

R-MeAn-IaN
Superstar
Superstar

kjdadada wrote:I appreciate the input and would be worth consideration.

Right now what dictates "a" and "b" is going to be very informal and depend on the teams. If a team wants to compete in "a" level they can. If they want to participate at a more casual level they can choose to "b".

If a team gets drafted and they decide they want to go for it, they can be "a". Once we figure out where teams want to be we will have to figure out the logistics.

The idea here was that teams are not forming because of the skill level of the first few teams that were created. This is an attempt to invite more people to play and find enjoyable games.

Oh okay I didn't know teams had the option to compete in the decision of their liking, I jumped the gun a bit. Anyways, yeah then that would be a suitable format. I still think qualifiers would be great but this is great too especially if there's a limit on time.

5IMPORTANT WC x2 ANNOUNCEMENT Empty Re: IMPORTANT WC x2 ANNOUNCEMENT Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:42 pm

SNAKE_-_PLISSKIN

SNAKE_-_PLISSKIN
Superstar
Superstar

Here is an idea for maybe the next WC. Take all the players in each player pool(USA & Canada). Determine how many teams from each side you can make with the number of players in the respected player pools......say about 8-10 players on each of those teams. Now you get captains to captain those teams. Those captains names go into a hat and are randomly picked to determine a draft order. Then one by one in a snake-type draft the players are picked until the player pools(USA & Canada) are exhausted. Of course, the captains will pick their friends or players they consider to be great first. But at some point they will be picking unknowns....well unknown to them but players in their own right. Now you kind of "leveled" the playing field to some degree. Yeah, some people will cry at this type of format but I remember what KJ said a year ago when he started this OFF-SEASON event. He wanted to create something that got players who may not know each other, have varying skill levels and come from different teams/clubs to play together and just have some plain old FUN. It was never billed as a club or league environment event but seems to be turning into that. We have clubs and an already established league for that type of competition and drama.....opps did I say drama. So thats my idea for the next WC and I hope some of you like the idea.

6IMPORTANT WC x2 ANNOUNCEMENT Empty Re: IMPORTANT WC x2 ANNOUNCEMENT Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:59 pm

SNAKE_-_PLISSKIN

SNAKE_-_PLISSKIN
Superstar
Superstar

To put my idea into perspective......
CURRENT PLAYER POOLS
USA 54 players in player pool
CANADA 85 players in player pool

PROPOSED TEAM COMPOSITIONS
USA 6 teams/9 players per team
Canada 9 teams/9 players per team

** Canada would need 5 more signups to get
90 players in the pool which gives
10 teams/9 players per team

Any thoughts??????

7IMPORTANT WC x2 ANNOUNCEMENT Empty Re: IMPORTANT WC x2 ANNOUNCEMENT Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:04 pm

R-MeAn-IaN

R-MeAn-IaN
Superstar
Superstar

Lets try to keep the ideas out of this thread i was just making a suggestion. Make a new thread for that, didn't mean for this thread to snowball of ideas.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum