OLD HOCKEY LEAGUE
Thank you for using the VGHL Forums

For NEW PLAYERS interested in joining the VGHL, please make sure that your FORUM NAME matches your PSN name then go to PLAYER REGISTRATION thread and follow the instructions there to join.
Enjoy

Please login to access our forum
EVENTS
We have a new site
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP

Coming
October 2015

the return of the
VGHL!!

S10 will be on PS4

RIP #22
STAY CONNECTED

(e)SPORTS TELEVISION NETWORK
MY VIRTUAL GAMING
VGHL AFTERDARK
VGGM CONNECTED

You are not connected. Please login or register

World Championship x2

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1World Championship x2 Empty World Championship x2 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:42 am

kjdadada

kjdadada
Legend
Legend
I am pleased to announce that we will be running a World Championship over the next few weeks.

We are running a site for this event which can be found here:
http://myvirtualgaming.com/vghl/stats/wc2/

We are doing a completely different format to try out a different system. We know that during the VGHL regular season players have little say in who they play for. With that in mind, and in an effort to get the best team from each country once the Gold Medal games start, each country will be forming their own teams.

There will be no draft, auction or anything. As registration opens, you just need to get your eight guys signed up and registered and then have them commit to you and no one else. Submit your team to the WC staff and that is it. Once games start those are the 8-10 players you will be playing with to determine geographical dominance.

So sign up early. If you are a free agent and need help finding a team please contact me or post on the appropriate threads.

Dates, rules, format can all be modified after this message and registration. Please be aware nothing is set in stone.

The reason we are only play 2 nights that first week and 3 the second week is because it's the same weeks camps open and this way players and GM's can still get to camps.

Thanks, and good luck.

I am looking for WC staff so if you are interested please send me a PM or Skype message.

Season 5: Charlotte Checkers Captain
Season 6: New Jersey Devils G/RD
World Championship Admin | AHL Admin | Yanick Dupre Memorial Award (S5)

Thanks to KingFromTheDot for the sigs!

2World Championship x2 Empty Re: World Championship x2 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:58 am

Dafoumanchew

Dafoumanchew
Superstar
Superstar
I'll be there first to open up that i'm looking to get a Team Canada going, I will be goalie looking for some D men and wingers mainly, hit me up on here or skype, show how to play the game we started Wink

3World Championship x2 Empty Re: World Championship x2 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:20 am

Nifttee

Nifttee
Legend
Legend
Would love to be apart of this, and join Team Canada. I play Right Wing preferably, but can also play the Centre position Smile

4World Championship x2 Empty Re: World Championship x2 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:08 pm

kjdadada

kjdadada
Legend
Legend
Clarification:

Each country will be able to make as many teams as they want. I honestly cannot guess how many each will have.

Once team registration closes March 1st. We will announce the schedule.

The round-robin will have each team from their country playing each other. Every team is gauaranteed 15 games. After 15 games, the top team from USA and top team from Canada will play in the "Gold Medal Game".

The second place teams from each country will play in a "Bronze Medal game" that same week.

So each country needs to start forming their teams and locking in rosters before March 1st.

Season 5: Charlotte Checkers Captain
Season 6: New Jersey Devils G/RD
World Championship Admin | AHL Admin | Yanick Dupre Memorial Award (S5)

Thanks to KingFromTheDot for the sigs!

5World Championship x2 Empty Re: World Championship x2 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:36 pm

Nick_x9710

Nick_x9710
Veteran
Veteran
Ill be there for team states again!! LD G OR LW

World Championship x2 1397944285

6World Championship x2 Empty Re: World Championship x2 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:10 pm

KILLER_YOYO_187

Amateur
Amateur
killer_yoyo_187 interested in playing for team canada.

position: C & RW
HOPE THIS IS TGE RIGHT WAY TO REGISTER

7World Championship x2 Empty Re: World Championship x2 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:22 pm

jetup_96

jetup_96
Superstar
Superstar
Go to the WC link on the left hand side that's where you register

Season 7- NHL Pittsburgh Penguins RW #23
AHL Texas Stars/WBS Penguins RW #23
PHL Mooseheads Assistant Captain/pei rockets rw
Season 8- WBS Penguins Captain
Season 9- Hershey Bears Captain
AHL East 2nd line All Star
Springfield Falcons
Providence Bruins

8World Championship x2 Empty Re: World Championship x2 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:39 pm

ChitownMobstr

Veteran
Veteran
Looking to play for a US team.

G/LD

Season 9 - NHL - Washington Capitals - Goalie
Season 8 - NHL - Florida Panthers/ New York Islanders - Goalie
Season 7 - NHL -
Colorado Avalanche - Goalie
Season 6 - AHL -
Oklahoma City Barons - Captain
Season 5 - PHL -