OLD HOCKEY LEAGUE
Thank you for using the VGHL Forums

For NEW PLAYERS interested in joining the VGHL, please make sure that your FORUM NAME matches your PSN name then go to PLAYER REGISTRATION thread and follow the instructions there to join.
Enjoy

Please login to access our forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OLD HOCKEY LEAGUE
Thank you for using the VGHL Forums

For NEW PLAYERS interested in joining the VGHL, please make sure that your FORUM NAME matches your PSN name then go to PLAYER REGISTRATION thread and follow the instructions there to join.
Enjoy

Please login to access our forum
OLD HOCKEY LEAGUE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EVENTS
We have a new site
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP

Coming
October 2015

the return of the
VGHL!!

S10 will be on PS4

RIP #22
STAY CONNECTED

(e)SPORTS TELEVISION NETWORK
MY VIRTUAL GAMING
VGHL AFTERDARK
VGGM CONNECTED

You are not connected. Please login or register

LEFT WING ALL STARS

+27
SkillzPayBillz3
vinnynorthsyde
Penguins2013
bombermanuxo
DJ-WKU-68-_-
jewofcanada
vxWoytkiw8xv
Mesmerize-_-
mikefleury29
B-Bunny
ballachick3
dasn1pa
Kcrusher33
dydy23
ccurtis3974
fluri37
meMack
SteelCityFan17
ovechkin8jr
JPH_VeNoM
Class_Act_27
RiseOfTheNinja
AggroCrag24
DuffHouse12
Nifttee
Reamy12
CastroGstar
31 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

EASTERN CONFERENCE LW

LEFT WING ALL STARS I_vote_lcap23%LEFT WING ALL STARS I_vote_rcap 23% [ 44 ]
LEFT WING ALL STARS I_vote_lcap9%LEFT WING ALL STARS I_vote_rcap 9% [ 18 ]
LEFT WING ALL STARS I_vote_lcap5%LEFT WING ALL STARS I_vote_rcap 5% [ 9 ]
LEFT WING ALL STARS I_vote_lcap13%LEFT WING ALL STARS I_vote_rcap 13% [ 26 ]
LEFT WING ALL STARS I_vote_lcap25%LEFT WING ALL STARS I_vote_rcap 25% [ 49 ]
LEFT WING ALL STARS I_vote_lcap4%LEFT WING ALL STARS I_vote_rcap 4% [ 8 ]
LEFT WING ALL STARS I_vote_lcap13%LEFT WING ALL STARS I_vote_rcap 13% [ 25 ]
LEFT WING ALL STARS I_vote_lcap8%LEFT WING ALL STARS I_vote_rcap 8% [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 195

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1LEFT WING ALL STARS Empty LEFT WING ALL STARS Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:41 am

CastroGstar

Elite Legend
Elite Legend

Congratulations to all of our Season 9 ASG nominees.

Please take the time to vote for one player from each position.

The top three players who receive the most votes will be chosen to represent their respective conference at their position.

Http://www.afterdarkent.ca

2LEFT WING ALL STARS Empty Re: LEFT WING ALL STARS Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:18 pm

Reamy12

Reamy12
Amateur
Amateur

well if this group is not rigged I don't know what is

3LEFT WING ALL STARS Empty Re: LEFT WING ALL STARS Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:20 pm

Reamy12

Reamy12
Amateur
Amateur

half the games, half the points leads in votes lol

4LEFT WING ALL STARS Empty Re: LEFT WING ALL STARS Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:49 pm

Nifttee

Nifttee
Legend
Legend

Mes is just a beast (also dont forget its a popularity contest in the end)

5LEFT WING ALL STARS Empty Re: LEFT WING ALL STARS Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:11 pm

DuffHouse12

DuffHouse12
Superstar
Superstar

lol @ not voting for Jay.

this place...

6LEFT WING ALL STARS Empty Re: LEFT WING ALL STARS Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:11 pm

AggroCrag24

AggroCrag24
Superstar
Superstar

ix-RaiN-iv wrote:Mes is just a beast (also dont forget its a popularity contest in the end)

All-Star voting shouldn't have player names next season. Just their stats and teams position in the standings. Maybe we will get a more fair vote.

7LEFT WING ALL STARS Empty Re: LEFT WING ALL STARS Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:19 pm

Nifttee

Nifttee
Legend
Legend

AggroCrag24 wrote:
ix-RaiN-iv wrote:Mes is just a beast (also dont forget its a popularity contest in the end)

All-Star voting shouldn't have player names next season. Just their stats and teams position in the standings. Maybe we will get a more fair vote.

Perhaps, but it will always be a popularity contest wether it be a virtual game or the NHL. Like explain to me how Mike Komisarek was an All star lol. You can bet leaf nation pushed for that, and it was just a joke... Whatever the system is, no matter what they can do to restructure it, it will always be a popularity contest.

Maybe for all star nominees, you have to have a minimum amount of games played like 20 and maybe the ppl doing it should have more knowledge lol (no offence to anyone who was in charge of selecting nominees) but I know there's players who quit , who are on the all star ballots.

8LEFT WING ALL STARS Empty Re: LEFT WING ALL STARS Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:21 pm

RiseOfTheNinja

RiseOfTheNinja
Superstar
Superstar

It is popularity and doesn't help when people make a campaign for votes like it's an election *coughmescough*
We all know Ovi should be line 1 based on stats and how he is 3.2 PPG WITH 30 GP already. That's a line 1 allstar to me. It's not an allstar game when the best aren't even playing and ruins the experience :c

9LEFT WING ALL STARS Empty Re: LEFT WING ALL STARS Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:21 pm

DuffHouse12

DuffHouse12
Superstar
Superstar

no one cares about this all-star game at all. the only relevant thing to ever come from the all-star game was defmincex getting black listed with that whole "QA voting being real voting" fiasco.

10LEFT WING ALL STARS Empty Re: LEFT WING ALL STARS Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:24 pm

Class_Act_27

Class_Act_27
Superstar
Superstar

It's becoming "let's pick the worst guy on the list and vote him in"

11LEFT WING ALL STARS Empty Re: LEFT WING ALL STARS Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:25 pm

JPH_VeNoM

JPH_VeNoM
Superstar
Superstar

I knew i wouldnt win but last place. I have out done myself this time Smile

https://www.youtube.com/JPHVeNoM

12LEFT WING ALL STARS Empty Re: LEFT WING ALL STARS Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:27 pm

Nifttee

Nifttee
Legend
Legend

Class_Act_27 wrote:It's becoming "let's pick the worst guy on the list and vote him in"

Haha yea or like ppl from east or west voting for the worst players from the opposing conference for line 1.

13LEFT WING ALL STARS Empty Re: LEFT WING ALL STARS Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:43 pm

ovechkin8jr

ovechkin8jr
Rookie
Rookie

This if funny.

14LEFT WING ALL STARS Empty Re: LEFT WING ALL STARS Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:54 pm

SteelCityFan17

SteelCityFan17
Veteran
Veteran

I just got kicked from my EASHL club for puting an opinon of this voting proccess is a joke, that turned into an agrument in our Skype Team Chat. LMFAO (coughTitansFan-10-cough)(The First Line) idk bout you guys but that made my fkin day LMFAO.

Anyone Need a ALLSTAR LD for EASHL ? lol

I thought ive seen it all. SMH lol

15LEFT WING ALL STARS Empty Re: LEFT WING ALL STARS Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:26 pm

meMack

meMack
Elite Legend
Elite Legend

AggroCrag24 wrote:All-Star voting shouldn't have player names next season. Just their stats and teams position in the standings. Maybe we will get a more fair vote.

Then ppl whould just match the stats to the players names and will be saying "Vote For Me #3" for blah blah blah..

The League has

-picked the ASG lines, and everyone complained "XXX shouldnt be there YYY should"
- Changed to voting system to MVG one season so ppl had to register to vote, and ppl hacked the sysytem and created fake accounts
-We have game minimums and some ppl say it should be higher, and some say it should be lower so they can get in

You catching the drift??? Damned if ya do, Damned if ya don't. No matter what is done, there will always be someone complaining and trying to manipulate the system because they feel making the ASG is a badge of honor, no matter how they get it or if they deserve it. 

Its a popular vote, you can tell each time the ASG comes around now, as ppl campaign for votes on twitter, chatroom, psn, skype and post in their team pages to vote for teammates.

Yes, I agree, it would be great if it was 100% based on merit, and it went to the player who is having the best season at that position, and players voted that way, but whats the chance of that..

http://www.kissmyass.com

16LEFT WING ALL STARS Empty Re: LEFT WING ALL STARS Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:16 pm

DuffHouse12

DuffHouse12
Superstar
Superstar

too many nominees. just ditch playing the games and have this vote take place so all these clowns can have their egos stroked on a video game hockey forum for a week.

17LEFT WING ALL STARS Empty Re: LEFT WING ALL STARS Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:30 pm

fluri37

fluri37
Superstar
Superstar

maybe just do voting by committee, either make the NHL GMs vote on one player at each position from your list (and say that they cant vote for themselves or someone on their team) or have staff vote on it or something. Really only way you can make it fair IMO.

18LEFT WING ALL STARS Empty Re: LEFT WING ALL STARS Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:33 pm

ccurtis3974

Veteran
Veteran

fluri37 wrote:maybe just do voting by committee, either make the NHL GMs vote on one player at each position from your list (and say that they cant vote for themselves or someone on their team) or have staff vote on it or something.  Really only way you can make it fair IMO.

I agree with this. if we want to make it anything but a popularity contest we need to have something like this take place

19LEFT WING ALL STARS Empty Re: LEFT WING ALL STARS Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:44 pm

ovechkin8jr

ovechkin8jr
Rookie
Rookie

Lets just do rock paper scissors

20LEFT WING ALL STARS Empty Re: LEFT WING ALL STARS Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:45 pm

CastroGstar

Elite Legend
Elite Legend

And then the committee would be blamed for picking the wrong people and having favorites.

The top eight people are chosen for each position; those are the facts. If people aren't happy about that then that's their problem.

The VGHL all star games, like in real life, are for the people. We try to create a fun environment for our community to join in on and give our top vote getter a prize. All voting environments, from sports to politics, boil down to a popularity contest amongst the best candidates.

No matter how the process is handled people will still complain if they feel that their personal opinions have not been respected.

Instead of complaining, congratulate everyone that made the lists. Once the lines are finalized, cheer for the teams that represents your conference so that your team can have home ice advantage if they advance to the Finals.

Cheers.

Http://www.afterdarkent.ca

21LEFT WING ALL STARS Empty Re: LEFT WING ALL STARS Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:24 pm

dydy23

Professional
Professional

meMack wrote:
AggroCrag24 wrote:All-Star voting shouldn't have player names next season. Just their stats and teams position in the standings. Maybe we will get a more fair vote.

Then ppl whould just match the stats to the players names and will be saying "Vote For Me #3" for blah blah blah..

The League has

-picked the ASG lines, and everyone complained "XXX shouldnt be there YYY should"
- Changed to voting system to MVG one season so ppl had to register to vote, and ppl hacked the sysytem and created fake accounts
-We have game minimums and some ppl say it should be higher, and some say it should be lower so they can get in

You catching the drift??? Damned if ya do, Damned if ya don't. No matter what is done, there will always be someone complaining and trying to manipulate the system because they feel making the ASG is a badge of honor, no matter how they get it or if they deserve it. 

Its a popular vote, you can tell each time the ASG comes around now, as ppl campaign for votes on twitter, chatroom, psn, skype and post in their team pages to vote for teammates.

Yes, I agree, it would be great if it was 100% based on merit, and it went to the player who is having the best season at that position, and players voted that way, but whats the chance of that..

Lol those are some shiny trophies you got there Mack Very Happy Razz 

22LEFT WING ALL STARS Empty Re: LEFT WING ALL STARS Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:36 pm

Reamy12

Reamy12
Amateur
Amateur

well I did not mean to start anything..... I was just saying the people who vote should maybe be decent about it and look at stats but this proves my point yet again there is no hope for humanity

23LEFT WING ALL STARS Empty Re: LEFT WING ALL STARS Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:36 pm

Kcrusher33

Kcrusher33
Legend
Legend

CastroGstar wrote:And then the committee would be blamed for picking the wrong people and having favorites.

The top eight people are chosen for each position; those are the facts. If people aren't happy about that then that's their problem.

The VGHL all star games, like in real life, are for the people. We try to create a fun environment for our community to join in on and give our top vote getter a prize. All voting environments, from sports to politics, boil down to a popularity contest amongst the best candidates.

No matter how the process is handled people will still complain if they feel that their personal opinions have not been respected.

Instead of complaining, congratulate everyone that made the lists. Once the lines are finalized, cheer for the teams that represents your conference so that your team can have home ice advantage if they advance to the Finals.

Cheers.

See this system the way it is you kind of already have the best in both worlds. The list is comprised of Merit. Then the community votes. I in the end it ususally ends up being most talented first line popular guy 2nd line. I'm still not seeing an issue here. Ovi is winning his Socca winning LD. And guys like myself and Mes might get in popularity even though we got nominated on what we've done this season. Merit.

24LEFT WING ALL STARS Empty Re: LEFT WING ALL STARS Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Reamy12

Reamy12
Amateur
Amateur

mes should do the decent thing like ovi did and step down knowing he does not deserve it as much as someone else but I'm sure that he will not

25LEFT WING ALL STARS Empty Re: LEFT WING ALL STARS Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:48 pm

ovechkin8jr

ovechkin8jr
Rookie
Rookie

Kcrusher33 wrote:See this system the way it is you kind of already have the best in both worlds. The list is comprised of Merit. Then the community votes. I in the end it ususally ends up being most talented first line popular guy 2nd line. I'm still not seeing an issue here. Ovi is winning his Socca winning LD. And guys like myself and Mes might get in popularity even though we got nominated on what we've done this season. Merit.

Mes was about 4 votes ahead of me when this thing started.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum