OLD HOCKEY LEAGUE
Thank you for using the VGHL Forums

For NEW PLAYERS interested in joining the VGHL, please make sure that your FORUM NAME matches your PSN name then go to PLAYER REGISTRATION thread and follow the instructions there to join.
Enjoy

Please login to access our forum
EVENTS
We have a new site
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP

Coming
October 2015

the return of the
VGHL!!

S10 will be on PS4

RIP #22
STAY CONNECTED

(e)SPORTS TELEVISION NETWORK
MY VIRTUAL GAMING
VGHL AFTERDARK
VGGM CONNECTED

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Gameplay

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1General Gameplay Empty General Gameplay on Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:01 am

JohnnyBlazeBR1

JohnnyBlazeBR1
Amateur
Amateur
Hello folks,

I wanted to get others opinions on this HUT action. You see, I have been playing HUT since last years edition of NHL, This is the only game mode that me and my friends like to play when they come for a visit. Now, my question to all is this....does anyone else play HUT with their friends vs CPU or any of those "offline" tournaments by themselves? If so, do you find them extremely difficult?

also....a few things I have learned from playing HUT:
- you can have a stacked team or a team full of OHL nobodies and you still play the same.
- line chemistry only affects teams that play locked positions, as the AI will be in charge of the remaining players
- single player tournaments are near impossible to win...except the rookie cup level
- special black HUT cards have certain hidden boosts which you have to look at their stats to see (yellow numbers mean super boost, grey numbers mean negative)
- there are a few goalies who out perform everyone else regardless of their stats. ie Neuvirth from Wash...6 shutouts in 10 games vs Price, Luongo etc...seems to let everything in.

and does anyone know if the arena affects anything other than your attendance?

cheers

2General Gameplay Empty Re: General Gameplay on Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:38 am

vxWoytkiw8xv

vxWoytkiw8xv
Superstar
Superstar
Offline, regardless of the difficulty is easy because computers are uber predictable. 5 Games into any nhl and you should be able to dominate the cpu.
Line chemistry affects where the cpu goes, how well passes are received, etc. So unless you are playing with 5/6 human controlled players you should notice a difference.
Disagree with ohl/nhl.
Agree with the goalie thing but it can be different everytime. Sometimes Brodeur will make 50 saves against me, all acrobatic glitch nonsense, and if I have the same Brodeur they score 3 goals on 3 wristers from the blueline.
Basically, the game sucks without 6s.

S5 Regular Season: 43gp 48g 105a 153p +56 39.3shot%

S5 Playoffs: 15gp 22g 30a 52p +23 46.8shot%

Season 5 Ahl Calder Cup Champs Springfield Falcons

Season 8 NHL Stanley Cup Champs Dallas Stars!

Season 9 NHL West Line 1 All-Star

[22:25:31] SNiPeSHoW_21 : Woyt
[22:25:40] SNiPeSHoW_21 : I think you're the best Defenseman in the game

Cool

3General Gameplay Empty Re: General Gameplay on Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:22 pm

PudgyMoose

PudgyMoose
Professional
Professional
i agree with the nhl ohl thing from first hand experience. ive dominated stacked teams that include players like crosby, gretzky, nugenthopkins, hall, etc. when i have a team thats like 60 overall players my highest player is a 70

Head of PHL News Team

4General Gameplay Empty Re: General Gameplay on Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:14 pm

oneflycdnM3

oneflycdnM3
Elite
Elite
PudgyMoose wrote:i agree with the nhl ohl thing from first hand experience. ive dominated stacked teams that include players like crosby, gretzky, nugenthopkins, hall, etc. when i have a team thats like 60 overall players my highest player is a 70

This is extremely frustrating! I have seen this on more than one occasion and not gonna say my team is STACKED, but... it's far from terrible! Anyone that has Ovi or a HUT LIVE Patrick Kane will still destroy you though (I have normal Kane, but even Marty St Louis has stellar games)

"Don't Go Where The Puck IS, Go Where The Pucks' GONNA BE" - Walter Gretzky

5General Gameplay Empty Re: General Gameplay on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:47 pm

Diesel2900

Veteran
Veteran
for your question about arenas.. other then attendance, it just depends on your playing style...if you like to have a ton of room and use a lot of glitch shots, u might wanna try the large international arena, the biggest one, if your all about short quick passing, go with whatever the smallest one is. I personally go with large north american, which is a little bit of a hybrid between the two, so you have enough room to make good plays and such, but it's not overly crowded either.

S8 St Johns Ice Caps "C"
S9 Winnipeg Jets "C" / Buffalo Sabres

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum