OLD HOCKEY LEAGUE
Thank you for using the VGHL Forums

For NEW PLAYERS interested in joining the VGHL, please make sure that your FORUM NAME matches your PSN name then go to PLAYER REGISTRATION thread and follow the instructions there to join.
Enjoy

Please login to access our forum
EVENTS
We have a new site
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP

Coming
October 2015

the return of the
VGHL!!

S10 will be on PS4

RIP #22
STAY CONNECTED

(e)SPORTS TELEVISION NETWORK
MY VIRTUAL GAMING
VGHL AFTERDARK
VGGM CONNECTED

You are not connected. Please login or register

Owner of WC3

Who was the best owner?

16% 16% [ 9 ]
3% 3% [ 2 ]
10% 10% [ 6 ]
14% 14% [ 8 ]
9% 9% [ 5 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
3% 3% [ 2 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
3% 3% [ 2 ]
3% 3% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
29% 29% [ 17 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
3% 3% [ 2 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 58

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Owner of WC3 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:30 am

Tha-Real-TMAN

Superstar
Superstar
Choose who was the best owner of WC3

S7:
S7 PHL Champions

S7 Captain London Knights
Brian Kilrea Award winner

S8 West Division Champs (Portland)
VGHL News Team
WC3 Rob Ford's Drunken Stupors Owner
WC3 Canada Winners
WC3 Silver Medalists
WC3 Admin Staff

All-Star Snub

S2 MODO Owner
(Will you be in our "Mojo?")

2 Re: Owner of WC3 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:59 pm

ballachick3

Elite
Elite
some of us didnt have an option of who we got to pick..i think mcdreamy, and the rest of us that made it past the 1st elimation round that hard to play with that we got, did a great job! not takin nothing away from other gms, cant control your region...great job to everyone for the success of the tourny, and USA taking it all!

season 4- NHL FLORIDA PANTHERS OWNER/STAFF!! ALL Star Nominee
Season 5- NHL FLORIDA PANTHERS OWNER!
Season 6- NHL FLORIDA PANTHERS OWNER!
Season 7- NHL FLORIDA PANTHERS OWNER!
SEASON 8- NHL FLORIDA PANTHERS OWNER!

SEASON 9- NHL FLORIDA PANTHERS OWNER

3 Re: Owner of WC3 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:31 pm

CrazyRon_v1

Veteran
Veteran
ballachick3 wrote:some of us didnt have an option of who we got to pick..i think mcdreamy, and the rest of us that made it past the 1st elimation round that hard to play with that we got, did a great job! not takin nothing away from other gms, cant control your region...great job to everyone for the success of the tourny, and USA taking it all!

I agree with balla Penguin started off with a great team and everyone expected them to make finals but I don't think he should get best owner for taking his great team to win the gold ... People are thinking like what teams me and balla and some other teams what very short players who we had to work with and just take the best out of it and go. I think we should pass giving this award to penguin not that I don't think he deserves it but also he did have a great team to begin with.

Season 7: Syracuse Crunch

Season 8:Binghampton Senators Captain
VGHL WC III Team USA West Owner
Season 9: Washington Capitals/ Florida Panthers/ Calgary Flames / Philadelphia Flyers

AKA: Dreamz559/Mc_Dreamyyyy
Guest Watch that stick can cost u 2 minutes

4 Re: Owner of WC3 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:06 am

Ol-ReaPz-lO

Veteran
Veteran
Mc_Dreamyyyy wrote:
ballachick3 wrote:some of us didnt have an option of who we got to pick..i think mcdreamy, and the rest of us that made it past the 1st elimation round that hard to play with that we got, did a great job! not takin nothing away from other gms, cant control your region...great job to everyone for the success of the tourny, and USA taking it all!

I agree with balla Penguin started off with a great team and everyone expected them to make finals but I don't think he should get best owner for taking his great team to win the gold ... People are thinking like what teams me and balla and some other teams what very short players who we had to work with and just take the best out of it and go. I think we should pass giving this award to penguin not that I don't think he deserves it but also he did have a great team to begin with.

I voted for him cause he picked that great team. Owner is a GM and player. He picked the players on that team and performed. Therefore he got my vote. You can say they were stacked, but it doesn't change the fact that he was the reason they were stacked. 

I do think we should have beat them 3 times via forfeit though lol... My captain wouldnt take the forfeit lol.

Accomplishments:
Season 8 West Line 1 All Star
Season 9 West Line 1 All Star

Current Records (Season):
Game Winning Goals (27)
Goals by Wookie* (112)

*Last edited by g4threepwood

5 Re: Owner of WC3 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:25 am

Donut-Doug

Rookie
Rookie
ReJecTz_ReaPeRz wrote:
Mc_Dreamyyyy wrote:

I voted for him cause he picked that great team. Owner is a GM and player. He picked the players on that team and performed. Therefore he got my vote. You can say they were stacked, but it doesn't change the fact that he was the reason they were stacked. 

I do think we should have beat them 3 times via forfeit though lol... My captain wouldnt take the forfeit lol.

No one took forfeits... The tournament was for fun and to kill some time in-between seasons. As I told Yan when he wanted to call a forfeit at 9:31.. grow a pair and play the game.

I hate to be bias but T-Man took a group of AHL/NHL players and made it work, winning silver without any of the "Elite" players on his team. Hats off to Penguins for putting together a nasty team and winning the gold convincingly.

6 Re: Owner of WC3 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:49 am

gcampbell13

Veteran
Veteran
Tman had probably the 3rd best team on papet. Rain, moja, ninja, coorsi, foreign. All are very good players....

Season 8 NHL - Los Angeles Kings/Boston Bruins
Season 9 NHL - Vancouver Canucks/Winnipeg Jets

7 Re: Owner of WC3 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:50 am

Ol-ReaPz-lO

Veteran
Veteran
Donut-Doug wrote:
ReJecTz_ReaPeRz wrote:
Mc_Dreamyyyy wrote:

No one took forfeits... The tournament was for fun and to kill some time in-between seasons. As I told Yan when he wanted to call a forfeit at 9:31.. grow a pair and play the game.

I hate to be bias but T-Man took a group of AHL/NHL players and made it work, winning silver without any of the "Elite" players on his team. Hats off to Penguins for putting together a nasty team and winning the gold convincingly.

It was more of a joke... -_-

Accomplishments:
Season 8 West Line 1 All Star
Season 9 West Line 1 All Star

Current Records (Season):
Game Winning Goals (27)
Goals by Wookie* (112)

*Last edited by g4threepwood

8 Re: Owner of WC3 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:42 pm

MY-GLOVE-ULL-LUV

Superstar
Superstar
playing club with 3s is a joke^^^

S6 Stanley Cup Champions-#22 RW Clutchcasey

VPA REP

photo gucci2.gif

I saw Linde kissing Santa Claus

9 Re: Owner of WC3 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:40 pm

Kcrusher33

Legend
Legend
No offense to Pens but I'm with Dreamy and Balla. Owner of the Tourney should be based on the result based on the team and pool you had to work with and the result that team achieved. Teams who on paper looked clearly over matched maybe shouldn't have even made it to an elimination game that not only got to an elimination series but won one or more.

Season 6 Bridgeport Sound Tigers / New York Islanders
Season 7 Hamilton Bulldogs Captain
Season 8 Winnipeg Jets Owner/GM
Season 8 Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy Finalist
World Championship III For Make More Challenge GM - Owner of the Tournament
Season 9 Winnipeg Jets Owner/GM
Season 9 Eastern Conference All-star LD Line 2 Captain

10 Re: Owner of WC3 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:45 pm

Nifttee

Legend
Legend
Agreed with majority of everyone. There was slim pickings for a lot of teams out there. Maybe we can figure out a system to make less stacked of teams?

"Forever a Ginger, Forever a Virgin"- AJ W.

11 Re: Owner of WC3 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:10 pm

Kcrusher33

Legend
Legend
Last day of voting Smile

12 Re: Owner of WC3 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:47 pm

Nifttee

Legend
Legend
Krusher ftw!!!!!

13 Re: Owner of WC3 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:48 pm

Penguins2013

Legend
Legend
I'm going to start with that everybody in their regions had the same chance at the players available from that region. At the end of the day THE PLAYERS had to agree to play for a team.
Just because the team I ran was "stacked" it doesn't mean I didn't face the same problems as other GMs... I'm in NO WAY SAYING I FEEL I DESERVE THIS AWARD, However before you criticize others you should stop and think and if you haven't walked in that persons shoes who are you to critique.
- When you can a run a team with all winning players and some of the best and still keep things together as far as making lines and doing your best to keep them happy on playing time and working around their schedule then you can critique.
I didn't saying anything on the forums about WC3 owners or Captains, so personally i find this immature and childish. Just like the players who agreed to teams the community will decide this award...

VGHL Career (Click For Details):
Season 9-(NHL Made Playoffs) "AHL Commissioner/PHL DC Head/AHL Transactions/PHL Transactions/Interim DC Head/Stat Corrections"  
Calgary Flames/Line 2 Western ASG Goalie
Season 8-(NHL Made Playoffs) Bill Masteron Memorial Trophy  Winner/WC3 Gold Medalist Owner of Red Mark White and Jordan.
"PHL VGHLDC HEAD" Calgary Flames/Colorado Avs Goalie (82 GP, 5035:47)
Season 7-(NHL Made Playoffs) "Captain" Winnipeg Jets
Season 6-(AHL Made Playoffs) "Captain" Norfolk Admirals
Stats (RW/LW): 50GP, 46G, 52A, 98PTS (Regular Season)
(All Star Game~ Easter Conference ALT LW)  
Season 5-(AHL Made Playoffs) Chicago Wolves Rookie Season
STATS (RW): 22GP, 37G, 24A, 61PTS (REGUALAR SEASON)
(PLAYOFF STATS~ 14GP, 10G, 12A, 22PTS)

14 Re: Owner of WC3 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:35 pm

Kcrusher33

Legend
Legend
Penguins2013 wrote:I'm going to start with that everybody in their regions had the same chance at the players available from that region. At the end of the day THE PLAYERS had to agree to play for a team.
Just because the team I ran was "stacked" it doesn't mean I didn't face the same problems as other GMs... I'm in NO WAY SAYING I FEEL I DESERVE THIS AWARD, However before you criticize others you should stop and think and if you haven't walked in that persons shoes who are you to critique.
- When you can a run a team with all winning players and some of the best and still keep things together as far as making lines and doing your best to keep them happy on playing time and working around their schedule then you can critique.
I didn't saying anything on the forums about WC3 owners or Captains, so personally i find this immature and childish. Just like the players who agreed to teams the community will decide this award...  

While I can't speak for everyone I can speak for myself. I no way did I criticise you ability to run a team or succeed. What I did say however is some regions had ALOT more choices then other regions. Now correct me if I'm wrong but what I believe the thought is here is that they (myself included) owner of the tournament winner should be chosen based on who did the most with the least options available.

No one took a shot at you as a WC owner Pens. I personally glad you did really well because you're a good dude. But you also had alot more options and weapons to work with. Not your fault.

15 Re: Owner of WC3 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:45 pm

CrazyRon_v1

Veteran
Veteran
Kcrusher33 wrote:
Penguins2013 wrote:I'm going to start with that everybody in their regions had the same chance at the players available from that region. At the end of the day THE PLAYERS had to agree to play for a team.

While I can't speak for everyone I can speak for myself. I no way did I criticise you ability to run a team or succeed. What I did say however is some regions had ALOT more choices then other regions. Now correct me if I'm wrong but what I believe the thought is here is that they (myself included) owner of the tournament winner should be chosen based on who did the most with the least options available.

No one took a shot at you as a WC owner Pens. I personally glad you did really well because you're a good dude. But you also had alot more options and weapons to work with. Not your fault.

I agree I never said I don't think u deserve it but like myself and balla we didn't even have any one to choose from our teams were basically given to us. I'm just saying a owner should get the award who did the best with the least they had.

Season 7: Syracuse Crunch

Season 8:Binghampton Senators Captain
VGHL WC III Team USA West Owner
Season 9: Washington Capitals/ Florida Panthers/ Calgary Flames / Philadelphia Flyers

AKA: Dreamz559/Mc_Dreamyyyy
Guest Watch that stick can cost u 2 minutes

16 Re: Owner of WC3 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:16 pm

RiseOfTheNinja

Superstar
Superstar
Pretty tiresome seeing people making the same remarks. Why shouldn't Penguins deserve the award? He won Gold and chose the best players provided as a 'good' GM should. Do you guys want him to choose bad players next time ? Seriously. I know some of the teams have less skilled players but tough luck really, work with what you got. He won Gold, doesn't get better then that as far as I'm concerned.
Oh well, let the community decide.

Season 5 - Line 2 West All-Star
Season 9 - Line 2 West All-Star
WC3 Silver Medal
S9 ANA Ducks - Stanley Cup Champions
S9 - Art Ross Award
S9 - Conn Smythe Award
S9 - Ted Lindsay Award
S1 ESP Blues - KHL Champions

17 Re: Owner of WC3 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:25 pm

meMack

Elite Legend
Elite Legend
Good owners would of had the player they wanted pack up their shit and move to their region..

Show some dedication lol

[1:36:24 PM]Guest: I put my zoom zoom zoom in her boom boom
http://www.kissmyass.com

18 Re: Owner of WC3 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:31 pm

ballachick3

Elite
Elite
meMack wrote:Good owners would of had the player they wanted pack up their shit and move to their region..

Show some dedication lol

lol..and dont think u all are even getting what is being said, its a mute subject,,,its over gj..lets go s9

season 4- NHL FLORIDA PANTHERS OWNER/STAFF!! ALL Star Nominee
Season 5- NHL FLORIDA PANTHERS OWNER!
Season 6- NHL FLORIDA PANTHERS OWNER!
Season 7- NHL FLORIDA PANTHERS OWNER!
SEASON 8- NHL FLORIDA PANTHERS OWNER!

SEASON 9- NHL FLORIDA PANTHERS OWNER

19 Re: Owner of WC3 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:39 pm

Kcrusher33

Legend
Legend
SHIT I didn't know we could do that .... well crap lol +1 for the smiles Mack

20 Re: Owner of WC3 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:51 pm

Nifttee

Legend
Legend
lol Penguins had 11 votes this morning... now has 9?? haha

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum