OLD HOCKEY LEAGUE
Thank you for using the VGHL Forums

For NEW PLAYERS interested in joining the VGHL, please make sure that your FORUM NAME matches your PSN name then go to PLAYER REGISTRATION thread and follow the instructions there to join.
Enjoy

Please login to access our forum
EVENTS
We have a new site
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP

Coming
October 2015

the return of the
VGHL!!

S10 will be on PS4

RIP #22
STAY CONNECTED

(e)SPORTS TELEVISION NETWORK
MY VIRTUAL GAMING
VGHL AFTERDARK
VGGM CONNECTED

You are not connected. Please login or register

Round one recap and & Round two preview and notes

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Tha-Real-TMAN

Tha-Real-TMAN
Superstar
Superstar
Round one recap:

Jam beats STDs in 3
LC beats Victoria's Secret in 2
PK beats BLM in 2
KC beats ICE in 2
NTB beats Legends in 2
MID beats Synichai in 2
TFL beats HAM in 2
RElentless beats Big Deke Bandits in 3

Upset of the round:

PK beats BLM in 2

Pink Knights came into the first round not receiving a favorable matchup. Other GM’s in the tournament believed BLM was a favorite to at least make it to the final four, but the Pink Knights had other plans. The Pink Knights came out and just dominated BLM and ultimately knocked them out in 2 games. BallaChick one of the GM’s on the Pink Knights said this about her thoughts on the tournament so far, and on her series with BLM. “Think we went into series one as underdogs but the florida/edmonton combo controlled the series really. Playing BLM was definitely a hard first round but think we got one of the harder teams out the way early. As for the games, we pretty much dominated. Hemmer and Coorsi back together is hard to stop and with me up front completes it. Kyle and puck at the blue line hard to beat and deadly came to play. ..I think the tourney is a great idea since club is dead as it’s ever been and gives people a reason to still play while vg is on break.”

Oh so close, but yet so far away:

Jam beats STDs in 3

Jam is another team who was a favorite by many to make a run for the title, but STDs wanted to win it just as bad.  STDs won game one led by Sinneront with two goals and he also scored the OT winner. But CCPiper led his squad to back-to-back wins to beat the STDs in three games to move on. CCPiper gave us his thoughts on the tournament so far and the series against the STDs. “We went into game 1 feeling pretty good, but none of us had played the game for a few days beforehand. As a result, we got off to a rusty start and lost the first game 5-4 in OT because we didn't capitalize on some of our chances, and the STDs did a good job of capitalizing on theirs. We also took a lot of penalties in the first period that resulted in us going down early.” He added, “Luckily, after the first game, we had our team mascot LegendaryLK join our group chat and give us a pre-game speech, and we came into game 2 looking to stay disciplined and control the game. Ultimately, I thought we did a good job in the second game towards the end by building a commanding 7-3 lead to secure the win, a type of lead that we never got in game 1. Going into game 3 we decided to use a former EASHL champion, Crusaders47, to replace B-Bunny who is otherwise known as Mr. Regular Season, as we felt that we needed a strong-willed veteran to help us secure the series win. Fortunately for us, it paid off in the end as we played a really sound third game with a 4-0 win. JuiCE_LaHeY picked up a shutout by making some key saves in key moments, including a save on a penalty shot to maintain the lead. We are happy to have used JuiCE_LaHeY, as Crusaders47 reminded us of how our other goalie (also a former EASHL champion), HITMAN1342, is washed up, past his prime, and bad.” Finally he added, “I commend the STDs on a fun and challenging series, and they managed to test us by getting the early series win, which is obviously huge in a three game series. So kudos to them and their GM MaK-10ten for cooperating with me in getting the series together. Good games!”  JAM will take on Last Call in the second round.

RElentless beats Big Deke Bandits in 3

BDB came in to this matchup in tough against a RElentless squad that have played together for a long time. RElentless has many big name VGHLers on their squad like jazz, danger-rally and the great memack. BDB wanted to spoil the party, which was led by PNCPark, VinnyNorthSyde and StickyFingers. StickyFingers gave his thoughts on his team in the series “honestly we took to many bad penalties. WE could have beat them in game 1 and ended them in game 2 when we won. It’s really hard to have offense when we took over 30 penalties. We played pretty good defensively but our offense was really nonexistent. Were a new club with a lot of talent and relentless is a team who has been around awhile and have all played together for a long time so in that aspect i think we played pretty well against them.” RElentless takes on TFL or HAM in round two.

Round 2 Matchups:

JAM vs LC

Again JAM GM CCPiper chimes in with his thoughts on round two vs Last Call. “Last Call is a very active, talented club with a slew of great players. If they put the right line on the ice I really think they have a good chance at beating every team in this tournament. They're always tough for us to play against, and we match up with them almost every night so we definitely have experience playing against them. I think for us to win this series it is really important that we get the early lead in our games, so that we can make them play from behind. Winning game one is also important so that we can take the pressure off of our own shoulders for the rest of the series. We will see how it goes, and I wish them the best of luck.” Series is scheduled for Sunday December 29th.

PK vs KxC

Ballachick commented on her second round matchup coming this Sunday, “Match up vs KxC definitely should be easier but we won't take anyone light. But If we play like we did vs BLM there should be no reason why we can't make a good run in this tourney. Could possibly come out on top. We started hot vs a great team. .If we get beat round 2 it'll be on our own mistakes.” The GM of KxC Kcrusher said about his next series vs PK, “With the Pink Knights being our second round opponent we know that the match ups are only going to get harder and the competition ALOT stiffer. However I promise you we will be ready to go come Sunday. #OnAnyGivenSunday” Series is scheduled for Sunday December 29th.

NTB vs MID

NTB GM JPHVeNoM said this about his round 2 matchup vs MID. “I’m enjoying the tournament a lot so far. I was getting bored with club while on break with VG and this made NHL fun during the break. It was a fun round vs LxF. For round two I would expect around the same results. We have played MID a decent amount of times in the past. Don’t want to be too over confident but I think we can take this series in two.” Series is scheduled for Sunday December 29th.

TFL vs TMH

Due to the fact the matchup has yet to be determined, no quotes could be obtained. The matchup between TMH & TFL will be a tightly contested matchup. TMH is coming of a tight round one win against BDB, which they took advantage of the numerous penalties BDB took. The series between TMH and TFL should go three games, but you never know as top teams have faced scares or have lost (BLM). AceFive GM of TFL shared his thoughts about his series against TMH. “If our top guys play we will be fine against TMH. TMH is a strong opponent and it will be a tough series that’s for sure.”

Notes:

Round 2 is scheduled for Sunday 12/29 at 10:00PM with the same option to play sooner.

Round 1:  Thursday, December 26th @ 10:00pm
Round 2:  Sunday, December 29th @ 10:00pm
Round 3:  Wednesday, January 1st @ 10:00pm
Championship: Thursday, January 2nd @ 11:00PM
(All time EASTERN)

Winning team get us stats. They can photos of the team stats and both team stats or you can write them down and send them to me. You need both teams and game stats.

Home ice is determined by higher # seed.

1-8 are taking home ice for games 1 and 3.

9-16 will take home ice for game 2.

S7:
S7 PHL Champions

S7 Captain London Knights
Brian Kilrea Award winner

S8 West Division Champs (Portland)
VGHL News Team
WC3 Rob Ford's Drunken Stupors Owner
WC3 Canada Winners
WC3 Silver Medalists
WC3 Admin Staff

All-Star Snub

S2 MODO Owner
(Will you be in our "Mojo?")

KingFromTheDot

KingFromTheDot
Elite
Elite
Good read!  king

Tha-Real-TMAN

Tha-Real-TMAN
Superstar
Superstar
Thank you Ron

S7:
S7 PHL Champions

S7 Captain London Knights
Brian Kilrea Award winner

S8 West Division Champs (Portland)
VGHL News Team
WC3 Rob Ford's Drunken Stupors Owner
WC3 Canada Winners
WC3 Silver Medalists
WC3 Admin Staff

All-Star Snub

S2 MODO Owner
(Will you be in our "Mojo?")

coorsi88

coorsi88
Veteran
Veteran
good write up.... PK won in 2 games also tonight

Florida Panthers Captain Seasons 8-9

3x VGHL All-Star
2x Rocket Richard Winner
Former Art Ross  
Former Ted Lindsay
Former Hart Memorial

Round one recap and & Round two preview and notes COORSI88

IIChEcKMaTeII

Superstar
Superstar
coorsi88 wrote:good write up.... PK won in 2 games also tonight

Congrats to PK was a fun couple games. Good luck in the final 4!

[17:30:08] iham10 : BAN ME
[17:30:16] @ meMack : ok
[17:30:21] iham10 has been kicked by meMack
[17:30:25] iham10 joined the chat on Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:30 pm
[17:30:25] iham10 : You don't have the balls
[17:30:31] iham10 has been banned by meMack
[17:30:37] @ meMack : really?

meMack

meMack
Elite Legend
Elite Legend
Relentless (TMH) advanced in 2 games also.. Both games were close, with the second going to OT after it got tied up in the final seconds..

Very Good Games

[1:36:24 PM]Guest: I put my zoom zoom zoom in her boom boom
http://www.kissmyass.com

JPH_VeNoM

JPH_VeNoM
Superstar
Superstar
GGS Mid, NTB advances to round 3

Season 5: Rochester Americans G  
Season 6: Grand Rapids Griffins(Captain) RW Allstar Nominee
Season 7: Disciplinary Comittee
Season 7: Providence Bruins Forward- RW Allstar Line 2
Season 7: Carolina Hurricanes RW (Assistant GM) Eastern Conference Finalist
Season 8: Philadelphia Flyers (Assistant Gm) LW Allstar Nominee Atlantic Division Champs
Season 9: Philadelphia Flyers (Assistant GM) LW Allstar Nominee Atlantic Division Champs
https://www.youtube.com/JPHVeNoM

ballachick3

ballachick3
Elite
Elite
Ggs blm and kxc...looking forward to final 4.. lot of great clubs left. . Right now it's anyones tourny..gl toall teams left and ty to all the teams who participated

season 4- NHL FLORIDA PANTHERS OWNER/STAFF!! ALL Star Nominee
Season 5- NHL FLORIDA PANTHERS OWNER!
Season 6- NHL FLORIDA PANTHERS OWNER!
Season 7- NHL FLORIDA PANTHERS OWNER!
SEASON 8- NHL FLORIDA PANTHERS OWNER!
Round one recap and & Round two preview and notes Qhfugmbptjbr
SEASON 9- NHL FLORIDA PANTHERS OWNER

bMAGIC19_

Veteran
Veteran
Good observations from the bench Jordan.

#CrusadersCarries

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum