OLD HOCKEY LEAGUE
Thank you for using the VGHL Forums

For NEW PLAYERS interested in joining the VGHL, please make sure that your FORUM NAME matches your PSN name then go to PLAYER REGISTRATION thread and follow the instructions there to join.
Enjoy

Please login to access our forum
EVENTS
We have a new site
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP

Coming
October 2015

the return of the
VGHL!!

S10 will be on PS4

RIP #22
STAY CONNECTED

(e)SPORTS TELEVISION NETWORK
MY VIRTUAL GAMING
VGHL AFTERDARK
VGGM CONNECTED

You are not connected. Please login or register

EASHL Rule Discussion

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1EASHL Rule Discussion Empty EASHL Rule Discussion on Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:05 pm

kjdadada

kjdadada
Legend
Legend
Guys, I feel this is an important rule to discuss. We have some great ideas on how to handle it, but I wanted to open it up to the community for discussion.

For this tournament. Best of 3 series. What should be the proper way to handle goalie disconnects?

We know if a team is up 2-0 in the 2nd period of game 3 and the goalie disconnects this is an extremely frustrating experience.

I don't want to restart games and wait out periods like VG does it.

I not a fan of automatic DQ because I'm goalie and I've DC'd three times in NHL 14, I hate it.

My initial idea was that immediately the team that loses their goalie has to throw the puck over the boards for a penalty. Then again at the start of every period of that. So in this case you would throw it over in the second when he DC's. Then again at start of third. So two power plays would help offset the CPU goalie for a period and a half.

Another idea is to make the game finish and if the team that dropped the goalie wins, you have play the game again from start. If they quit or lose then they lose the game.

Skater disconnects are still annoying but for this tournament we will play through all skater disconnects.

Thanks for your input on this.

Ken

Brackets and roster freezes coming later tonight and the it's game on!

Season 5: Charlotte Checkers Captain
Season 6: New Jersey Devils G/RD
World Championship Admin | AHL Admin | Yanick Dupre Memorial Award (S5)

Thanks to KingFromTheDot for the sigs!

2EASHL Rule Discussion Empty Re: EASHL Rule Discussion on Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:52 pm

Lers780

Lers780
Superstar
Superstar
I like your 2nd suggestion about if the team that DCs the goalie wins then the match gets replayed.

Its a 6vs6 tourney, and it would be a shame if someone won when they were even using 6 players.

3EASHL Rule Discussion Empty Re: EASHL Rule Discussion on Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:12 pm

alchy-ops

Superstar
Superstar
Not all disconnects are intentional so you can't teat them as such. If the goalie DCs in a game the other team has to take a penalty. After that its game as usual. If the same team has there Goalie disconnect more then twice in the tournament then they will be disqualified. Having a goalie disconnect 3 times in 12 possible games is enough to establish that its not just some random drop.

Previous Seasons
Season 3: New Jersey Devils - Stanley Cup Champions
Season 4: Florida Panthers
Season 5: Vancouver Canucks
Season 6: Chicago Wolves - AHL Captain - Final Four
Season 7: Nashville Predators - Owner
Season 8: New York Islanders - NHL Captain
Season 9: New York Islanders - NHL Captain
Season 10: ?

KHL
Season 1: frelonda indian chiefs
Season 2: Munich EHC Red Bull München - Final Four
Season 3: ?
http://Elitebattlezone.com

4EASHL Rule Discussion Empty Re: EASHL Rule Discussion on Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:33 pm

kjdadada

kjdadada
Legend
Legend
alchy-ops wrote:Not all disconnects are intentional so you can't teat them as such. If the goalie DCs in a game the other team has to take a penalty. After that its game as usual. If the same team has there Goalie disconnect more then twice in the tournament then they will be disqualified. Having a goalie disconnect 3 times in 12 possible games is enough to establish that its not just some random drop.

I know, I've done it b4 and even in tight games and even though I have no control of over it, because I'm goalie I always feel awful...

I was thinking that too, once is play on.. but if a team does it twice or three times, then there are issues.. Also you could look at the situation.. like if a team is down 3-1, screen lags, and then he's gone..

Season 5: Charlotte Checkers Captain
Season 6: New Jersey Devils G/RD
World Championship Admin | AHL Admin | Yanick Dupre Memorial Award (S5)

Thanks to KingFromTheDot for the sigs!

5EASHL Rule Discussion Empty Re: EASHL Rule Discussion on Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:07 pm

mikefleury29

Veteran
Veteran
"Another idea is to make the game finish and if the team that dropped the goalie wins, you have play the game again from start. If they quit or lose then they lose the game." 

But, that doesn't make sense. I'm up 3-0, our goalie drops, we win, but now the game doesn't count because the goalie dropped while I was already winning?

EASHL Rule Discussion New+Fleur1

EASHL Rule Discussion ForumArmorX

6EASHL Rule Discussion Empty Re: EASHL Rule Discussion on Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:06 am

RED-_-DEVIL4202

Superstar
Superstar
I think if you go with the 2nd suggestion the replayed game should start at the time of DC.

Take stats when G dc's play it out, if team wins replay game at time of DC. That sounds more fair.

7EASHL Rule Discussion Empty Re: EASHL Rule Discussion on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:59 pm

PNCPark2k1

PNCPark2k1
Legend
Legend
I know enough of the guys on this team to say this ... I, like most goalie in this tourney, am better then a CPU goalie anymore. I think there is a difference between VG, where you have to reset ASAP, and this where we are not using restarts. I know every team on that list has a sniper who can glitch CPU goalies all game, that's why I started playing goalie two years ago. I like the idea of two or three discos and done, it kinda puts teams in a position of having to choose risking a goalie who is having connection issues or putting another in, and that's how it should be if goalie is having that much of a problem staying in game, plus as a goalie, I know if lagging out is an issue that day or not.

[5/30/2014 10:42:18 PM] PolymonC : Fucking delete it Kevin

[5/28/2014 10:35:16 PM] Kevin Woytkiw: All im gonna say is
[5/28/2014 10:35:24 PM] Kevin Woytkiw: Sp Pitt > Vg Dallas
[5/28/2014 10:35:26 PM] Kevin Woytkiw: gg

[6/15/2014 10:49:29 PM] Jay(PNCPark2k1) Hunt: Basically, and no offense, but you play 3s hockey
[6/15/2014 10:52:12 PM] ChiTownMenace (Capt. MIN VG): that wasnt one of our "cycling" lines

8EASHL Rule Discussion Empty Re: EASHL Rule Discussion on Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:36 pm

Get_on_ur_knees

Get_on_ur_knees
Professional
Professional
PNCPark2k1 wrote:I know enough of the guys on this team to say this ... I, like most goalie in this tourney, am better then a CPU goalie anymore.  I think there is a difference between VG, where you have to reset ASAP, and this where we are not using restarts.  I know every team on that list has a sniper who can glitch CPU goalies all game, that's why I started playing goalie two years ago.  I like the idea of two or three discos and done, it kinda puts teams in a position of having to choose risking a goalie who is having connection issues or putting another in, and that's how it should be if goalie is having that much of a problem staying in game, plus as a goalie, I know if lagging out is an issue that day or not.

Ur not better then a cpu goalie lol. In fact I don't think ne1 is. Sure there is some glitch shot that goes in but a team that knows how to play defence won't let those shots happens. People like playing vs human G cuz they're alot easier to score on.

Season5: 31GP-42G-57A-99PTS-3.20PPG-49SHT%
Season6: 32GP-27A-44A-71PTS-2.22PPG-45SHT%
Season7: 48GP-37G-44A-81PTS-1.69PPG-44SHT%
Season8: 67GP-78G-96A-174PTS-2.60PPG-46SHT%

9EASHL Rule Discussion Empty Re: EASHL Rule Discussion on Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:50 pm

xYUCKOx

xYUCKOx
#YSoHGaTET
#YSoHGaTET
Danger > cpu

#61 - Yurij Bobkov - Defense
People I dislike the most: Kylej83
EASHL Rule Discussion Yucko_nhl_com_v1_b1_zpsbpjieaoe
Vote Here!
http://yuck2blog.blog.com/

10EASHL Rule Discussion Empty Re: EASHL Rule Discussion on Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:34 pm

PNCPark2k1

PNCPark2k1
Legend
Legend
Get_on_ur_knees wrote:
PNCPark2k1 wrote:I know enough of the guys on this team to say this ... I, like most goalie in this tourney, am better then a CPU goalie anymore.  I think there is a difference between VG, where you have to reset ASAP, and this where we are not using restarts.  I know every team on that list has a sniper who can glitch CPU goalies all game, that's why I started playing goalie two years ago.  I like the idea of two or three discos and done, it kinda puts teams in a position of having to choose risking a goalie who is having connection issues or putting another in, and that's how it should be if goalie is having that much of a problem staying in game, plus as a goalie, I know if lagging out is an issue that day or not.

Ur not better then a cpu goalie lol. In fact I don't think ne1 is. Sure there is some glitch shot that goes in but a team that knows how to play defence won't let those shots happens. People like playing vs human G cuz they're alot easier to score on.

A CPU goalie after a player drops is awful, the reason people learn human goalie is because they get tired of all the goals being glitch goals. Most noobs in OTP games like playing human goalies cause the guys in OTP that play goalie suck and are easy to beat. And the clubs that have goalie quit are because they have no real goalie and as soon as they see the other team is gonna test them they tell him to quit. I can honestly list at least 20 goalies in this league who I would take in net over a CPU any game.

[6/15/2014 10:49:29 PM] Jay(PNCPark2k1) Hunt: Basically, and no offense, but you play 3s hockey
[6/15/2014 10:52:12 PM] ChiTownMenace (Capt. MIN VG): that wasnt one of our "cycling" lines

11EASHL Rule Discussion Empty Re: EASHL Rule Discussion on Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:36 pm

Get_on_ur_knees

Get_on_ur_knees
Professional
Professional
PNCPark2k1 wrote:
Get_on_ur_knees wrote:

A CPU goalie after a player drops is awful, the reason people learn human goalie is because they get tired of all the goals being glitch goals.  Most noobs in OTP games like playing human goalies cause the guys in OTP that play goalie suck and are easy to beat.  And the clubs that have goalie quit are because they have no real goalie and as soon as they see the other team is gonna test them they tell him to quit.  I can honestly list at least 20 goalies in this league who I would take in net over a CPU any game.

I hope u dont have urself on ur list cuz ur not better then a cpu G.

Season5: 31GP-42G-57A-99PTS-3.20PPG-49SHT%
Season6: 32GP-27A-44A-71PTS-2.22PPG-45SHT%
Season7: 48GP-37G-44A-81PTS-1.69PPG-44SHT%
Season8: 67GP-78G-96A-174PTS-2.60PPG-46SHT%

12EASHL Rule Discussion Empty Re: EASHL Rule Discussion on Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:36 pm

meMack

meMack
Elite Legend
Elite Legend
Get_on_ur_knees wrote:I hope u dont have urself on ur list cuz ur not better then a cpu G.

EASHL Rule Discussion Jon-stewart-oh-snap

[1:36:24 PM]Guest: I put my zoom zoom zoom in her boom boom
http://www.kissmyass.com

13EASHL Rule Discussion Empty Re: EASHL Rule Discussion on Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:10 pm

PNCPark2k1

PNCPark2k1
Legend
Legend
Get_on_ur_knees wrote:I hope u dont have urself on ur list cuz ur not better then a cpu G.

Aren't you the same goober who told me how awful I got beat in a game I was not even playing in in a previous thread ...

14EASHL Rule Discussion Empty Re: EASHL Rule Discussion on Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:47 pm

Lemieux_Polamalu

Lemieux_Polamalu
Legend
Legend
Defending against glitch shots sucks and relying on glitch shots to score sucks too.

If a G dc's then count the goals and restart game at next intermission, that's my two cents

*s8 First line AHL All Star, Ranked #1 overall AHL defensman, AHL Defensive points leader(83 points)
*VG-AHL record most points for a defenseman in a single season. (83 points)

*s7 Captain of PHL Drakkar. 2nd round playoff loss.
*s7 PHL - Finished #1 Defensman

15EASHL Rule Discussion Empty Re: EASHL Rule Discussion on Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:43 pm

Gaggan07

Veteran
Veteran
People that play 6s don't really use builds to score on CPU Gs. If a G drops in a 2s or 3s game, the Cpu G would probably get lit up, but not in a 6s game. I think we should restart if a G DCs, as it's not really fair any more, even if you get a powerplay. I think every team should have a backup G ready in case as well.

16EASHL Rule Discussion Empty Re: EASHL Rule Discussion on Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:08 pm

Karlsson_MVP

Veteran
Veteran
hopefully malkin's club aint in this tourny... never played a game where they were behind and didnt drop theyre G lol

17EASHL Rule Discussion Empty Re: EASHL Rule Discussion on Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:10 pm

Karlsson_MVP

Veteran
Veteran
i agree with knees, with proper D it is almosy imposibble to score on the CPU... of course the CC still works effectively this year on them and those wristers but great D can make a cpu D almost unscorable on....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum